Well, I'm still trying to catch up on my blog. I got really behind but didn't want to stop so I'm slowly getting the last 6 months on here. I guess now I will have plenty of time. After 2 trips to the hospital in less than a week I am now on bed rest.
Joby has been doing some work in Dallas so Dakota and I went along with him last week. We were advised not to travel by the sonogram specialist I've been seeing because I have placenta previa and bleeding is a concern. We decided since I was only 31 weeks and feeling okay that this would be the last trip and I really wanted to do some shopping for the nursery. Well, Thursday morning sure enough I started bleeding. Fortunately, Joby was with me at the time and we were only about 15 minutes from the Lewisville hospital where I delivered Dakota. I called my old doctor and she sent me to labor and delivery and said she would be there to see me. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions and I got steroid shots 24 hours apart to mature the baby's
lungs just in case. They kept me monitored and on contraction medicine for 2 days and I finally got to leave Saturday morning. Both my old and new doctor agreed that I stay in the metroplex for a couple of days just to make sure I was okay. So we got a hotel room close to the hospital.
Our friends Brim and Aylin came by to see us at the hotel and then my good friend Lindsey spent the evening with me while Joby and Dakota ran around. We had a great time visiting and catching up.
Sunday, after much debate, we decided to head home. The Team's were heading back too and we thought it would be good to follow along with someone just in case. It was a very nerve racking ride home. I took some contraction medicine and did lots of praying that we made it home without any problems. Thank the good Lord we made it! It was such a great feeling to be home.
32weeks - I spent Monday hanging out on the couch while Dakota spent the morning playing at the Team's house. I sat and monitored my contractions all morning and finally took some medicine. The doctor had told me to take it as needed so I debated if I really needed it or not. That night or I guess Tuesday morning about 2:45 am I woke up bleeding and lost the mucous plug. We called my wonderful neighbor and she came to stay at the house while Dakota slept and headed to the hospital. I just knew we were going to have this baby! We got there and they
monitored me and gave me several shots to control contractions, which weren't painful. They also did a test to see if I would go into labor within 48 hours. It came back positive but said it was most likely false positive because of the bleeding. The nurse also checked me and I had dilated to a one. I finally got moved to a regular L&D room where they monitored me all day and did a sonogram. I didn't have anymore bleeding after I got to the hospital. My potassium was a little bit low so I had an IV all day and night. I finally got to go home the next morning. My doctor put me on bedrest and a contraction medicine every 6 hours. I had called my mom at 6:00 the morning I went in so she headed my way early. She had planned on coming that day luckily but just made it a little earlier! So now it's hanging out on my couch time. I really don't like it. It's not easy for me to ask people to do stuff for me, even my mom and husband. They have both been great and I don't know what I would do without them!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment