Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dakota's First Day of School (MDO)

Joby and I debated on whether or not to start Dakota in a Mother's Day Out program. There was so much newness going on in our life that we weren't sure Dakota needed anything else changing. However, our church, Garden Ridge CoC, is connected with Lewisville Christian School so we decided to give it a try. I took Dakota to pick out a new backpack and lunchbox and he was pretty excited, until the first morning of school. He was anxious, I was anxious, we were running behind. Brushing his hair is a battle I obviously didn't pick this morning! Joby went to work a little late to keep Mikah while I took Dakota. Everything was fine until we got there and he was attached to my arms and legs. He was in tears screaming, not wanting me to leave. His teacher was trying to reassure me this happens a lot and he'd be fine but I couldn't hold back the tears. I'd never dropped my baby off with strangers and I started to doubt if we'd made the right choice. Everyone was so nice though and told me to call up there and check on him as many times as I wanted and they would let me know how he was doing. I called to check on him once and he was doing better. By about noon they called me to say Dakota had reached his limit for the day (It's a 9-2pm program). I was proud of him for lasting that long! Hopefully, he will get used to it and be excited to go every Tuesday and Thursday. His classroom is the same classroom he goes to Bible class and one of the little boys in his class goes to church with us so hopefully that will help too!

0 comments: