Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ladies Retreat

I spent my first weekend away from Dakota last weekend. We had a Ladies Retreat at our church. We left Friday evening for Sky Ranch in Van, TX, that's very close to Canton, and came back Sunday morning. It was probably the hardest thing I've done since Dakota has been born. I was so sad to leave him and I think I cried everyday for a week just thinking about leaving him. I'm so glad I went though. I really needed that time to refocus my life with God and it was great getting to hang out with the girls. We had some great speakers, lots of prayer time and singing. We spent Saturday afternoon at Canton. That was a lot of fun although we were so exhausted by the time we got back. I was definitely ready to get home and see my baby (and Joby too of course!) but I had a really good time! (forgot the camera...no pics for this post)

1 comments:

The Bird Family said...

I got the invitation today!! YEA - Madelyn and I will totally be there and maybe Derek too! Can't wait to see you guys and the new house :)