Friday, October 9, 2009

Funny Things

Anytime Dakota wants more of something he frantically does the more sign as he says "more" whatever it is. His daddy taught him the fun word toot so now everytime he toots he says it, laughs, and then says "more toot" as he signs more. I have to admit it is pretty funny. However in a few months when he blurts out "more toot" during church it may not be so funny!

One day I was doing laundry and of course I had a little helper following me around. I had dropped some socks on the floor on the way to the washer. They landed right next to Romo's toy. I picked them up, threw them in, and went to get something else before I closed the lid. When I came back to the washer guess what I found inside.....Romo's green toy! Though it probably needs a bath, I'm so glad I saw it!
Later I was folding my laundry on the couch. My little helper came over and grabbed a whole handful of clean clothes, ran to the washer, and threw them on top. Luckily the washer lid was closed because I had just started more laundry! Crazy kid:)

I'm starting to realize things I say a lot. I now have a little copycat. One thing I say after Dakota does something like stack the blocks up or whatever it is I say "Ta Da." Now he says that everytime he does something good. I also say "hey" all the time. Like "Hey, there it is" or if he's doing something he shouldn't be in a firmer voice he gets a "HEY!" Dakota goes around saying "hey" when he finds something now.

He has several of the Sesame Street figurines that he absolutely loves! Poor Ernie has been renamed. Ernie is now "Bernie." I guess it's a cross between Bert and Ernie.

0 comments: